Monday, February 7, 2011

friends and flip phones



i love my friends. no hard feelings.

i went to a superbowl (like how most of us do) party and drank water, got introduced to a bunch of new people, and got heat from some friends who thought my flip phone was vintage.

i find that my whole superbowl sunday was quite odd. my daily battle against myself and the damaging effects of technolige was recurring theme throughout the super day.

a day when girlfriends and housewifes, dude's and bro's come together to celebrate and non-religious holiday (if you will) of bad (but taste great) food, panther piss beers, onion dip (dambit jim...ask mat fryend that story) and betting.

so, again, i only drank water. i'm trying something new. my good buddy "straps", was at this shinner with his soon to be wife and we struck up a nice conversation about old times, new times, and of course...times to come. it seemed to me my flip phone was a reaccurring theme in a lot of the conversations that i was having with people. but, in those conversations there was a lot of complaining of lack of time these days to get things done and so on and so forth.

for the record...i love my friends and whatever tickles the pickle. but what most people forget to remember is that the 27Q network that sinks up your MYBOOK to yer tweeter to your BUDS (not the beer...bummer) and into your(to cheep to call it goldtoof)bluetooof, is all that shit takes up time. fuck 27Q. just have an email. get home and cheeck it. (but its linked to my business??? blahblahblah..) whatever... when will real life take back over? just a plain cell phone is a complete interuption. much less than all the other crap i just named off. mmmmmm....i can't even go on a date with a phone. get all baffled when the phone vibrates or rings and ruins the flow of, we'll...what ever is fucking happening. wow.

i like my flip phone, and if you like your 27Q network well, good on ya. but, i hate being interupted, especially with my friends. so i'll stick with the flip. and try to use it sparingly.

also, i know when i hang up, i'm hung up. let the shit talking begin Hahahaha.
cuz, when i get the pocket dial from 27Q...and the shitt talk is on the other end, it's full hahahaha from here on out.

smile biggerest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment