Thursday, August 12, 2010

"o'captain, my captain"

the tree branches hang over my head
like an old mans head and neck.
he's peered into the night sky
much longer than i.
with patience he's watched
so many stars fly by.
"there's wisdom, hopes and dreams"
he whispers into my deaf evening ear
and not to forget
the time when i can see so clear.
remember the water
when deep in the womb
and the mark it made
and what keeps us in tune.
i keep my head up
and faced to the east
catching the stars in the greatest of ease.
i want to catch up
i want to be you right here
"this is not a race,my friend, so loose the fear"
the science of myth is bound to be deemed,
stare straight up
for wisdom, hopes and dreams.

by me
ride free

(the title of this entry is not the title of the poem, it's just the inspiration)
(if you wanna read "o'captain, my captain", check Walt Witman.)

No comments:

Post a Comment